Hey everybody,
It looks like my weekly update has gotten a bit behind. Yea, sorry about that. Was it only last sunday that the Packers received a miracle and won against the Cowboys. Funny enough we are also talking about American stereotypes in my English class. The superbowl came up of course, one of the very accurate American stereotypes.
5. January 2015:
On Monday my host dad and I went to the Konigssee located on the boarder between Germany and Austria. The drive through the mountains was incredible. On one side the mountains towered over the edge of the road. On the other side was a huge crevice before quickly rising into another magnificent mountain. The road had to wind left, right, up and down. There were a few rivers that we saw too. The water was a completely clear blue green. They came from the mountians so the water was speeding but completely cold fresh and good to drink. Pine trees covered the mountains as we drove. At the top of the mountains only the luckiest and strongest trees could dig their roots into the stone to resist the strong winds. We past through several villages and towns in between the mountains. I am so happy I wasn't born in any of these villages, because I would never know how beautiful it was. There was snow piled on the rooves of the houses which were stagered all over the beginnings of the mountains, because there is really no big flat area. My host dad said the only other way to reach the other side of the Konigssee was to take the boat. The mountains are so thick no road can possibly go through. We stayed on the one side of the Konigssee, which was perfectly fine with me. The Konigssee translates into The King's Sea. I can understand how it was named. The sea is so beautiful it is fit for kings. The Konigssee is located between two mountains. As we walked up the path to one of the viewing points there were tiny streams from the tops of the mountains running all the way down into the lake. The water was as blue as the Caribbean, but safe to drink. The day was a bit warmer than the past few. Due to this there was a light mist all over the mountains and the lake, it made my pictures look more mysterious. When we did get to the viewing spot we saw the two people from the hay ride from the day prior. This was the weirdest coincidence of our whole trip in Bergen.
6. January 2015:
Tuesday we drove back to Dortmund. I loved my time in Bergen, but I was also happy to be back in Dortmund where it wasn't so hard to understand the German. Good luck to my friends in Bavaria, I really hope I can understand you later. The ride back seemed much faster, as they usually are.
7. January 2015:
Wednesday was my first day back to school. Luckily it was wednesday so I got to have a slow start to school. In my math class I finally understood one concept of what we were doing I finally understood that Flächenheit means area. But that didn't help me too much for my test, sadly. I am starting to get to my time in Germany where I am worn out. I am completely exhausted by the time I get home from school. Hopefully it doesn't stay for too long. It may also be because of the weather. In Wisconsin at this time it is alway dark, cold, the snow is black, and it never stops snowing. This always makes people more dreary and cranky. In Dortmund it rains a bunch but it is warming up and there is no snow on the ground.
8. January 2015:
On Thursday I had my history class in the morning. I improved my test grade by about two letter grades, which is really good considering I am still trying to figure out the structure. I also planned a gathering with a couple other of my friends at my house next saturday (today). I really am looking forward to it.
9. January 2015:
Friday was really a really normal day. Although I got most of the homework questions right. As I was doing them I kept thinking to myself, "These are completely wrong, but I will get marked down if I don't write something down."
10. January 2015:
My Saturday was spent working mostly on the new picture link on my blog, you guys better enjoy it.
11. January 2015:
On Sunday I was supposed to have my first climbing lesson. Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding so I am having my first lesson next Sunday (tomorrow). My mom, Justus, and I went there and it looks really nice. There were all types of people there and there are many different walls. I really hope this works out, I really want to try out something new and there are several great climbing spots in Wisconsin and Duluth. (Ya if you guys haven't heard already I have been accepted to University of Minnesota: Duluth)
Thanks for reading!
Sandra
No comments:
Post a Comment