Today is the 169th day of my 338th day in Germany. I remember the days before I left. They seemed to speed out of my control. During the day I would spend the day with my sisters and our exchange sister from Mexico. Then I would stay up until 3 am packing and getting ready for my journey. Most nights my mom and I would sit around and talk for awhile. These conversations consisted mostly of me freaking out about the unknown, mostly because I was exhausted. When I turned the corner of where I would see my family in person for the last time in a year, I had a feeling exactly like this below.

It was the biggest rock I have ever felt in my stomach. But luckily only for that single moment. I consider myself to be very lucky. I have lived with two loving families, and have gotten to know people from all over the globe. There have been some bumps along the road, which I have mostly kept out of my blog for their own reasons. But overall my year has been one of the best years of my life and I already fear the idea of coming home and speaking English all the time. Many say the second half goes twice as fast. It better be four times as awesome as the first half if that is true. My host mom said, "it's easier for your family to let go of you, they only say goodbye for a year. We only get you for a year, our goodbye is not so easy." I can wait a lifetime for the day I need to say goodbye.
Thanks for reading,
Sandra
No comments:
Post a Comment