Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekly Post #24

Hey Everybody!

12. January 2015:

Early on Monday morning I had my Literature class. We are writing and putting on a childrens play in our school. I chose to be a ninja pigion who helps Cinderella. Deep down it has always been my life's dream to become a ninja pigion who helps a fairytale princess. Ya, it will be fun. My ninja pigion conmrade is my friend Lotti. I hope to be really funny ninja pigions. In my art class I almost finished my hand in time. If I have about 5 more minutes I would have finished it. All that is left is part of the base. I think my hand turned out pretty well, and considering I was almost always sick Im happy with how far I got. Hopefully I will be able to bring it home and take a picture to post on the website.

13. January 2015:

On Tuesday Maja and I started working on a presentation about the Bundesrat. We are learning about the Bundesregierung (German government). It is very different from the American Government. I think the American system is much better to follow than the German one. The voting system is very different and not everybody is directly voted by the German population. I believe how it goes is that each party must receive 5% of votes to be represented in the Bundestag. To win the majority of the representation of the Bundestag two parties have to form a coalition. I personally like this idea of a coalition because it forces two groups of people with very pointed opinions to work together. I think government needs a little more of that, especially in this time of our 'do nothing Congress.' The structure and innerworkings of the German Government become much more tricky. Beyond my current knowledge.



14. January 2015:



On Wednesday my art class journeyed to the far away land of Duisburg. Duisburg is only an hour away. We went to the Duisburg Art Museum. Although it isn't as iconic as the Milwaukee Art Museum, the artwork on the inside is still beautiful. The first sculpture we saw was first covered in a cloth. We were allowed to touch it while the covering was on. Afterwards I was asked to describe it. I described it as an adult, most likely a mother, with two children. She would be hunched down covering the two children. The sculpture was made out of metal because I heard somebody knock on it, and it sounded like hollow metal. Where the People were was smooth, but at the base was a bit rough. As the covering was removed everybody was amazed, even myself, that it was exactly how I described it. The Name of the Piece is called "Mutter mit Zwillingen" (Mother with Twins). There were many others by Alberto Giacometti. I think his technique of making People extra tall but also extra thin. I think it is unusual but I don't think I would make that my favorite style.


15. January 2015:


On Thursday I realised I was about half way through my year, but I have lost sight of some of my goals for the year. I am a firm believer in writing down goals, goals that are written down get achieved more often. They also need to stay where they can often be seen. I need to regroup and figure out my goals again, and maybe modify a few.


16. January 2015:


On Friday after School we cleaned the house and went Shopping for groceries. I had friends over on saturday and we tried this thing called Raclette. It's a tiny stove thingy and there are Little pans that can also bake things undernieth. I love being that person who is so prepared for Company to come over and has all this amazing Food. Before I was always that person who never knew what type of Food they had. (Pfff I don't know I dont live here, oh wait yes I do...) My parents and I tried it out that night, and I must say it was delicious. We got about three different types of meat and cheese, and some vegatables. Pretty simple stuff, but it can really all be yummy.


17. January 2015:


Saturday night my friends Noah, Lyza, and Jasmine came over for a Raclette session. We spent about four hours sitting in my Basement listening to Music, talking, and eating delicious Food. I learned that my friends love having deep conversations, just like my friends in the USA. I always pick good friends. We talked about death and how we feel everything is slipping away so fast, and why athiests think how they think. I believe this is a good question to ask an athiest, because personally, neither Creationism or Evolutionism can be 100% proven. Which is better to believe, that there is a better happier life after death, or that we die that is the end of us and our energy is sent into the universe. I don't believe in God just for this reason, but I think it is an awful way to live this life thinking that in the end there is nothing you can do, nothing we do on this earth matters in the end. The Money that we earn, the things that we do, see or say don't matter, our legacy Ends, time moves on and People Forget about what we said did or experienced. The only thing that matters for me and many other People out there is believing in God. The fact is that we all die and there is nothing we can do to Change that. I would much rather believe in a perfect happy peacful place where I have the Chance to live instead of having Earth be the best possible Option in my life.


18. January 2015:


On Sunday I had a stomache ache the whole day. My Family laid low and tried not to get sick for another week straight. (Which most of us didn't)


Thanks for reading!


Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment