Hey everybody!
19. January 2015:
On Monday I stayed home to make sure my stomache was 100% better. Unfortunately I missed my first day of being a ninja pigeon. I hopefully will not miss my monday tomorrow.
20. January 2015:
Tuesday I went back to School. I had Sowi which I learned a bit more about the Bundesrat. After that there was a Meeting for Facharbeit (preperation for college). I don't really understand why I had to be ther but I was there. Anyway my School day on Tuesday was pretty pointless. At least it wasn't stressful.
21. January 2015:
On Wednesday was the first of two Dortmunder Hochschultag (college) days. I tagged along with Noah to two classes. The first one was called codeswitching. It is basically what I am living with, knowing two languages and always flipping between the two. We were completely siked for the first one, but it turned out to not be so interesting. The class was about finished with the unit so we missed a ton of what they were studying. The second class was much better. It was called "The Do's and Don'ts of the workplace." I think this is the class where I have felt the most comfortable at speaking. The teacher has been all over the globe and knows about four different lanuages. This was one of the first times I volunteered to raise my Hand and participate in what was Happening. I really need to do more of this in my School, but I feel too much pressure and uncertainty of what is actually right in the class.
22. January 2015:
Thursday was the second Hochschultag day. I went to a Seminar on work study programs in college. The Seminar was so boring that People were getting up and leaving in the middle. We didn't though, I think that would have been too rude for me to do.
23. January 2015:
Friday was my longest day as per usual. We started talking about chairs. The first thing we talked about is what we associate with chairs. Then we talked about Projects we could create with chairs. I think the next Project is that we all need to bring in our own chair and create a Story with it. I already have a Story but getting a chair through the bus in the busy morning is going to be interesting. I volunteered my ideas for themes that I would like to use with my chair. I was the only one who volunteered right. That made me feel really good. I understood better than others! On Friday some of my host dad's friends came over to Play Darts. My mom and I joined in for a game and I won! I usually never win Darts but I guess I got lucky this time.
24. January 2015:
On Saturday I took a really Long slow walk on one of the trails by my street. I made sure to walk extra slow to look for good places to snap a Picture. Often I feel too rushed in taking a Picture. It was really Relaxing to have all the time in the world on my walk. I also explored a new Corner of my neighborhood. I found some new trails that I want to explore in the near future. It also snowed that morning which gave a wintery splash to my Pictures. I made sure to bündle up extra tight to make sure I didn't get sick from the cold.
25. January 2015:
Sunday is always a pretty low laid day. I watched Saving Mr. Banks, and I cried my way through that movie. I also realised I never used to cry during movies. I think ist becoming easier for me to cry. I don't know how I feel about that yet.
Thanks for reading!
Sandra
Hey Sandra, I fell behind a bit on your posts but am catching up. Cant believe you are over half done already! We missed you over the holidays but it sounds like you have been quite busy. Whats up with getting sick so much? Have you tried Nana;s secret weapon: Honey?:) looking forward to your next post!
ReplyDeletelove,
Uncle Mike