Hey everybody!
26. January 2015:
Monday started off with improv. in my Literature class. I am pretty bad at improv especially in another language. I just sat in my seat trying not to laugh so I wouldn't have to embarass myself in from of my whole class. In my English class we have started our American Dream unit. I am being used as the final say on American opinions. Often I am asked how Americans feel on specific events like the gold rush or the expansion of suburbs. Luckily I have had my American History class knowledge I can brush the cobwebs off. Although I cannot speak for the American people as a whole. I have only lived in Wisconsin for 18 years. I nor anybody else can speak for the whole American population. Due to this I always make sure to say that it is my opinion.
27. January 2015:
Tuesday I had my first individual presentation in my geography class. I had to talk about a new government in Rwanda and how they are handling the genoide problem there. In the afternoon I had my beginners rock climbing lesson. Another girl was there from Hong Kong who could only speak English. It was nice to speak English again. But I kept starting to say things in German. One time I didn't even realize which language I was speaking in until she gave me a funny look, telling me she didn't understand.
28. January 2015:
On Wednesday my German class went to the library in Dortmund city for information on their term paper. I misunderstood the information sheet given to us and waited outside of the Dortmund Mengede library for an hour. After I couldn't feel my toes anymore I called my friend who informed me they were in Dortmund city and that I should just go home. Which I did gladly.
29. January 2015:
In my Thursday English class I learned about a class meeting. Apparently in my school it is normal for classes to organise get togethers outside of school. I remember ever having meetings outside of school with my classes. I guess that will be a new adventure...
30. January 215:
Friday was report card day. Apparently I didn't get any grades, I think I may have to change that for YFU. I guess we will see about that. After our report card meeting we were all allowed to go home and celebrate, cry, or contemplate our lives, depending on our grades. Anita came over for the afternoon. We talked a bit about Niki Minaj. I guess she has multiple personalities since she was little. Maybe they were created to stay out of trouble when she was little, needless to say it explains a lot. Much of the time we spoke English, because our mother language is English. It's relaxing to speak with another fluent English speaker. But that didn't mean a German sentance didn't slip in there every once and awhile. I find it interesting how our brains do that. Even though we have spoken only English for so many years, after 6 months of speaking German it's hard to stay with English.
Thanks for Reading!
Sandra
No comments:
Post a Comment