Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weekly post #19

Hey everybody,

I hope everybody's week was good. I have been kind of slacking on my daily journal entries lately, so this week is going to be spotty. I'm sorry for my laziness I will do better next week.

6. December 2014:

On Saturday my friend Maja came over and we baked sugar cookies together. We put only about half the amount of sugar normal Americans do. Germans tend to not like super sweet food. So we only put in half the amount of sugar. I think they tasted even better with less sugar. Even though both of us aren't very good backers I think we did pretty well, and we had a quality conversation.

7. December 2014:

On Sunday I studied most of the day for my history klausur on Thursday. I am learning that many people take advantage of knowing about tests weeks. Some study for tests a couple weeks before hand. Maybe that's why they say American school is easier than German school.

8. December 2014:

On Monday in my art class many people weren't there because of a klausur. This way I got to make up some time for the weeks I missed. My hand also is turning out pretty well. Maybe I will post a picture of the finished product. I hope it is German quality.

9. December 2014:

Empty

10. December 2014:

On Wednesday I got to sleep in even longer because my German class was canceled. I was able to go to the store with my mom before school. When I got to school there was a meeting about Hochschule. A hochschule is the equivalent of a technical college. As I am looking for my future school I always look through the program to see if there is time for a year abroad. I think it would be really cool, and hopefully doable.

11. December 2014:

On Thursday I had my history klausur. The klausur is sort of like the ones I took with Mrs. Nimmer. We had to analyse a political cartoon. This political cartoon was by a Frenchman, disagreeing with Bismark on how he governed, and interacted with other countries. I didn't think the history klausur was as bad as my English one. I guess we will see how much better my grade is. I had such an early school end day that I was able to buy some Christmas gifts by the Weihnachtsarkt. I think the market is much prettier during the evening, but it is always so crowded you can't do any proper shopping.

12. December 2014:

On Friday my literature class went to a children's play, because we are writing a children's play. The play was called The Three Robbers. I could understand almost all of the play, because it was so simple. I thought it was a sweet play for children. After the play Gina, Lotti, Maja, Sarah, and I went to go get hot beverages. I learned that yellow car is like our punch buggy. If they played punch buggy their arms would be falling off.

Thanks for reading

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment