Hey everybody!
This weeks blog post is going to be really short. I was pretty sick for my week, so I didn't do very much outside of trying to get better. Because of that I will only talk about the fun weekend, pre-cold.
15. November 2014:
On saturday I headed out in the morning to catch a train to Warendorf. I planned to spend the weekend in Warendorf celebrating Thanksgiving with a couple of my friends. I started off by visiting my old host family in the afternoon. We were really happy to see eachother again. My little sister, Geva, even looks a bit more grown up, even after just a few months. We played a few games, talked, and ate lunch. I also got to see Leo the cat again. He is as big and cuddly as ever. I guess my family is going to try to host another American exchange student next year. I think that is so cool that they are continuing to help my fellow Americans have an experience like mine. Geva showed me a dance that she created herself. For only a short morning of practice and preperation, it was super creative and really sweet. Later on I said goodbye to my Warendorf host family and headed over to my friend, Lisa's, house. I met with Anna and Meggie there. Unlike a traditional thanksgiving we ended up eating noodles and chowing down on several bags of candy. We watched a movie until 2am and had a slumber party in her living room.
16. November 2014:
The next day we had a late breakfast and then it was time for me to head out. On the way home one of my trains ended up being about 20 minutes late. That seems to be the thing of the train, even though Germans always want to be very punctual, the train always seems to be running just a bit late. This makes me wonder how some people who take the train end up being punctual. Unfortunately for me it was a rainy and cold day, so waiting for the train was no picnic. By the time I got home about an hour and 30 minutes later I could already feel my sore throat coming on. And so began my cold for the week.
Thanks for reading!
Sandra
No comments:
Post a Comment